Connected devices are now far more than consumer products for smart homes. Although growing user adoption is certainly a good sign for the Internet of Things, what’s equally exciting is how it impacts companies across industries.
With digital transformation and digitising businesses comes a possibility to make better use of the data we collect. The IoT, a central segment of Industry 4.0, is a tool to capture information from a vast network of touchpoints, aggregate them in a shared system, and use them to improve your business.
Infoclub LTD brings you the latest frameworks and technologies currently being used by IOT Developers all over the world.
IOT DEVELOPMENT COURSE MODULES
OVERVIEW OF IOT
• Definition of the term Internet of Things (IoT)
• Technological trends leading to IoT
• IoT and its impact on society
• IoT Architecture and Protocols
• Real time examples of IoT
• Overview of IoT components and IoT Communication Technologies
OVERVIEW OF EMBEDDED SYSTEMS
• Components of an embedded system
• How embedded systems interact with the physical world
HARDWARE AND SOFTWARE COMPONENTS IN IOT DEVICES
• Sensors and Actuators
INTERACTION BETWEEN HARDWARE AND SOFTWARE IN IOT DEVICES
GETTING STARTED WITH RASPBERRY PI
• Comparison of various Raspberry Pi Models
• Understanding SoC architecture and SoCs used in Raspberry Pi
• Pin description of Raspberry Pi
• On-board components of Raspberry Pi and their functions
• Projects using Raspberry Pi
INTRODUCTION TO RASPBIAN OPERATING SYSTEM AND BOOTING UP RASPBERRY PI
• Installing Raspbian Linux for Pi
• Setting up boot options for Raspbian and Configuration
• Tools available in Raspbian for Raspberry Pi
BASIC OPERATIONS OF THE RASPBERRY PI
• Viewing and modifying the file system
• Files and their permissions
• The nature of processes and their management
WORKING WITH PYTHON
• Interpreted Languages
• How to use the Python shell and execute programs
• Variables, Keywords, Operators and Operands
• Data Types in Python, Importing Libraries
GENERAL PURPOSE I/O (GPIO) AND THEIR CONTROL USING PYTHON
• Use of the GPIO library to access the GPIO pins
• Interfacing sensors and Actuators to Raspberry Pi using Python: LED Blinking, Temperature and Humidity Sensor (DHT11) Integration with Pi, Integrating Motion Sensor (PIR), Obstacle detection using Ultrasonic/Distance sensor, Servo control, Buzzer, Photo Detector/Light Dependent Resistor (LDR)
• Integration of Camera module
• Raspberry Pi Camera Module - Picamera library
• Camera functions: capture images, change settings, capture video, time lapse photos, etc.
INTRODUCTION TO NETWORKING IN RELATION TO IOT APPLICATIONS
• Network protocol
• Client Server concepts
• Introduction to the structure of the Internet
COMMUNICATION BETWEEN RASPBERRY PI/IOT COMPONENTS OVER THE NETWORK
• Controlling the hardware through a Web Page – creating custom web pages using HTML.
• GPIO control over Web Server.
• Installation of LAMP Web Server on Raspberry Pi.
• Communicating using RPi- GSM interfacing
• Accessing on-board Wi-Fi
• Communicating data using on-board module
COMMUNICATION BETWEEN RASPBERRY PI AND IOT-BASED CLOUDS
• Various types of Cloud Services - IaaS, PaaS, etc
• IoT clouds, API and library
• Raspberry Pi data visualization in ThingSpeak cloud
• Raspberry Pi sensor data visualization in ThingSpeak cloud
• Publish strings from Raspberry Pi to PubNub cloud
APPLICATION OF IOT USING RASPBERRY PI WITH GOOGLE
IOT DEVELOPMENT PROJECT
(i) Control LED matrix
(ii) Temp & Humidity sensor
(iii) Smartphone Home automation
(iv) Web-controlled IOT notice board
(v) Weather station
(vi) Voice controlled assistant
To help candidates master IOT Development , they will normally to do at least TWO project from the the list above.
COURSE ORGANISATION & TIMING
We have created a schedule for this course to match with most availabilities.
The course is modular. Courses are hands-on(25% theory, 75% practice)
BENEFITS OF THIS COURSE
There are many benefits in becoming a Python Developer
RELATED COURSES - ARTICLES
INTERESTED IN THIS COURSE?
Infoclub Ltd has proudly served IT Professionals seeking to enhace their skillsets with the latest certification in IT with precision and excellence for over 30 years.
You can contact us through the following:
Phone: +230 2411533
Or fill in the form on the right
What You Get When Asking Your Question
- Less than 24-hour response to your question.
- Throughness and expertise of an Experienced and Certified Lecturer.